Thursday, February 26, 2015

Week 6! Cambios are coming......ah! (PS didnt this cambio go by fast!) (week 25)

Hello Family!
 
So I hope that I didn't give you the wrong impression with my last letter. I am doing really good! My sector is a challenge, but it's just a challenge, I don't take it personally. What I do take personally is the heat! So hot! Its okay though, we but popsicles :) They are pretty darn cheap....like 20 cents American.
 
So we had a baptism on Saturday! It was pretty great. We had a few problems with the font, but in the end it all worked out really well :) It was a really challenging day though. I woke up sick.....again. I know right? (You can't say I´m not exercising Dad. You could say that I am not eating right, but the members here are all over that, so you can't say that either. I get plenty of protein!) Then, just the font situation was really stressful. BUT! After he got baptised Javier got up to bear his testimony and he started crying. He couldn't even talk. It was just a really sweet experience! I guess you had to be there. We had mormon messages going on during the part where he was changing his clothes and his step dad was getting emtional. Then someone told us he is a non active member. His whole family came to support him, even his sister who doesn't believe in God. His friends came too. They came to the confirmation the next day too. (With their marijuana leaf necklaces and all lol) They were really interested and everything. Javier told us that they were talking about how missionaries are so persistent and the mormons and all that and he was all well I am going to be one of them. Then started telling them about the church. Hes already a missionary! And in his confirmation the missionary thing got brought up too. Miracles people miracles!
 
Oh and guess what! Hna. Sheehan told me that Samuel came to church in Graneros yesterday. I about lost it! He's back! I hope the Elders take good care of him. He is apparently going to go south after this....I just hope he keeps staying strong in the church. I had a dream this week he came back fat and an alcoholic......so then I was really worried this week.
 
ALSO!!!! Carlos( remember the one who couldn't leave his house) got called to be in the Young Mens presidency! My heart just fills with joy! I am so so so happy about this!
 
Oh! And! Lorena said she is going to go to church this next Sunday even if her husband doesn't come with her. Pray for them! She also said, I just decided to believe in the Book of Mormon....not really what we were going for when we asked her to pray for a testimony, I think she is just so afraid of the answer because she will have to change everything and her husband isn't really on board. We taught her about the Word of wisdom this week and she told us that she said it didn't make sense logically. What about self control etc. Then we read a scroipture from the bible and she was all....okay but how am I going to explain this to my husband? I think she knows it's true its just hard for her to accept it or something.
 
Everyday has a miracle in it, you just have to look for it. I prayed for you all a lot this week. I hope everyone is well. Keep me updated! Love you all to pieces!
 
Read and Pray Everyday!
 
Hermana Makin

No comments:

Post a Comment