Saturday, January 10, 2015

Feliz Año Nuevo! (week 19)

Hello my dear ones,
Well another week has flown by. Literally! Time goes so fast here! At first not so much, but I can't believe how fast this last tranfer has gone by! Kind of sad, becasue now Hermana Wilson is going to be going home.....sad day. We may have to talk to the President about it. Apparently Mom and Dad are going to her homecoming the 25th. I will be sending home some stuff with her Mom so just so you know and pick it up! So Maria Angelica didnt get baptised on Saturday, sad day. The Elders were all what happened, oh how sad, but in an annoying way. They were just trying to be funny, but, well, it just wasn't.

So I let the Hermanas cut my hair this week. I was holding onto my last Devron cut, but it was exceptionally long and it is really hot some days, so they cut it. It doesn't look bad, but it is no Devron's cut. Its okay though, because there comes a point in time in the mish that you just don't really care what you look like haha.

We had a great week here in Graneros. I love this place. There were a couple of rather frustrating days when it seemed like we did a whole lot more walking than teaching, but I guess that happens on occasion. Our animo is still really great though because we saw many miracles this week. Last night Hermana Wilson and I were walking around and both felt we needed to go and visit our investigator named Maria Angleica. When we got there, there was already a member at her house! It was awesome! Things like that I don´t think typically happen. The member whose name is Jenny and the best person I think I have ever met, just decided that day to be her friend, without us even asking her (we had invited other people to be her friend). She invited her to have ´once´ with her and her awesome family even though she was still fasting. Then she took her home and that is when we came on the scene. She helped us teach her during the lesson and said everything I was going to say right before I tried to say it. I could tell the spirit was already there when we got there and it made it so easy to teach. She can be a challenge to teach sometimes because she talks a lot, but she just was mostly quiet. Then at the end of the lesson we asked her to be baptised this Saturday and she said yeah, I know I need to do it. Hermana Jenny was all wait seriously? (But in a supportive way.) Then she said she has the whole week off and is going to help in whatever Maria Angelica needs. We had both felt when we were talking to Maria Angelica at church that we needed to put another fecha for her. We had had a lesson with her already, but we didn´t want to invite her for a new fecha, because we just didn't feel it was the right thing to do.) It was a miracle. I felt as though God was using her as an instrument in his hands. She is one of the best people I have ever known. ( No one get jealous.) Being around her for just a short spurt of time has a serious impact. It just makes you want to be so much better. Then I think about how people must feel to be around Jesus, and it is overwhelming. I just want to be her when I grow up.

I just feel so blessed and grateful to be a missionary. Some days are more challenging than other, but I know that if you choose to have a good attitude and count your blessings and have faith that God will help you, you recieve miracles. (Oh and you have to be obedient too.)
I miss you all lots, but I know the time will go by before two shakes of a lambs tail. Be good!
Read and Pray Everyday (I do ;) )
Love and lots of it!
Hermana Makin

No comments:

Post a Comment