Thursday, October 2, 2014

The week of spiders... (week 5)

Why hello there!

Another good week here in Chile.....the bugs have started coming out though.....not so sure about this place anymore....jk First I found a spider on my bed, then there was one on the window, but my comp told me not to kill it because it was the spider that would eat the spider that could kill us.....so that was when I kind of lost it. They couldn't really explain it to me either.....so anyone want to research that? I would rather not die here. Oh and wait for the stories of all stories which I am about to tell you.

We went to teach a lesson to an investigator named Jaime. He is an older man who kind of reminds me of one NSC. He is super random sometimes and just goes off on tangents during lessons....we try not to ask too many questions. Anyway at the end of the lesson he was insistent on sharing with us some of his juice, despite our refusals. So he brings out this dirty, HUGE, cup. He hands it to Hna. Villanueva, and that was when I noticed the dead spider hanging from the rim. I tried not to freak out.... Meanwhile I am noticing this she says I can have the cup and she can use her nearly empty water bottle. So after the spider sighting, he goes and rinses it out and starts trying to get me to drink out of the cup. Joke was not on me because I had an empty water bottle. There was no way on this planet I was going to drink from my cup. Anyway Hna. Villanueva, she is super sweet and realized she had kind of thrown me under the bus and she drank from the cup. What a gem. People here feed us all the time. Sometimes it is awesome, and sometimes it is not. People keep telling me I am too thin and need to gain weight, so I think that is mostly why they keep feeding us. The way to my heart is through my stomach people, so I of course love the people to death!

There was a crazy thing that happened this week. We walked past this house this week and there were some sketchy dudes out front, then we walked by again and there was screaming and smoke and weird cracking sounds. A woman ran out with a baby. There was no spirit there. I don't know what happened, but apparently a fire.....anyway I'm not doing a good job of explaining myself, but it was scary. The dogs were barking at me....because apparently they sense that.

Oh PS annoying thing. Since there are dogs EVERYWHERE, when one starts barking then every dog around starts barking. Its soooooo annoyingly loud! My comp says that I am going to like dogs by the end but..... we shall see.

So have I told you about the Gutierrez family? I totally love them. They are a less active family. They were having some family problems and the parents separated for like a week and then something happened and they ended up working it out. They are now praying and reading as a family, everyday!!!! Isn't that exciting? Now if we could just get them to go to church! Pray for them! Their daughter whispered to us last night as we were leaving that she wants to get baptized! She is 11 I think, so that is freaking awesome! 

We had to push back the baptism date for all three of our investigators this week.....sad day.....pray for them, the adversary is real!

PS remember about the chastity lesson I told you all about last week? Well its about to get better, so we went for the next lesson and she told us she was going to move in with her boyfriend.....apparently the awkwardness distracted from the message or something haha......still don't know what is going to happen there haha.....}

I think I am getting sick again....sore throat.....this is the second freaking time! I think I forgot to tell you I had a stomach bug the week before last. We still went out and taught....so that was like death haha but the work is so important!

Oh and BTW I have not received any snail mail yet......not even the letter mom sent while I was in the MTC.....so I am anxiously awaiting letters. PS when I get transferred I wont ever really get mail because the office is in Rancagua and it could potentially be 4 hrs away....so just FYI. I am as it is super close now and we have to visit the office every week for zone meetings.

I decided I am going to do a weekly challenge. Teaching the plan of salvation has really given me perspective on life. We are here on the Earth to prepare to be in Gods presence. Read that sentence again, because it is a common phrase we always say, but internalize that. This time we have in reality is super short and I would really like to be with you all in the Celestial Kingdom, so it is sooooo important to me that you honor your covenants and live a good life so we can all be one happy family, and not have anyone end up in the terrestrial or telestial kingdom. That would suck! If you don't chose to follow God in this life, in the end, in the next life, it doesn't really matter what else you picked, just that you don't get to be with your family forever.  (Matt 6:33) So hence my weekly challenge. This week I want to challenge you all to pray more, and make your prayers meaningful. YOU ARE TALKING TO GOD! Sometimes it blows my mind. You are actually talking to your creator. The one who is ALWAYS there for you. The one that cares the most. Mean what you say when you say it, don't just say it. There are sooooo many times to pray in the day, morning, night, meals, leaving the house. The best thing about the MTC was the spirit. YOU COULD ALWAYS FEEL IT! I have never in my whole life felt so calm and level headed. I had no anxiety people! NONE! It was amazing. One of the reasons you can feel the spirit so strongly is because people are always praying. EVERYWHERE! And it isn't weird. You should never feel uncomfortable praying. No one thinks you look weird if you are praying in public. Anyway pray more and report to me how it goes. Tell me what experiences you have and if it helps you with the Kiddos. Also read 1 Nephi 8 everyday. I want you to look for how it can apply to you in your life and with your family. Write down what you learn and then write to me and tell me about it. I spent an hour on in this morning and could have done more. It is super vacan! Anyway preacher moment over haha

As always, I miss you all so so so much!!! I always always think about you! Its just how it is. Usually when I'm studying the scriptures in the morning. Miss you all!

Read and Pray everyday!

Hermana Makin
 
Hermana Makin as a child. Don't worry people I already issued her a verbal warning for the lack of pictures. I will just have to threaten her with embarrassing pictures going forward.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment