Sunday, October 19, 2014

I am wearing pants and I found peanut butter! It´s a great day to be alive! (Week 6)

We had a zone activity today, so I got to wear jeans!!!! I am have never been so jazzed about this in my life. Ask my comp, I was giddy. ALSO THEY HAVE PEANUT BUTTER!!!! ´nuff said. It was another great week here is Chile! I discovered just how small Graneros really is now that I have become more acquainted with Rancagua. I would equate it to Mountain Home minus the Walmart, but with a lot more people. We entered a store here in Rancagua this week and I was in shock. Ask the Hermanas. I thought my head was going to explode! It seemed more like homeish (emphasis on the ish). PS ice cream is like 8 dollars a container....so I pretty much gave that up on site. We only get 20 dollars a week for food haha.
 
Good news, I am not getting fat! Lost my MTC weight haha. I really am not that obsessed with my weight, but it must seem like it by the amount that I talk about it. Sorry, that's super annoying. I´m one of those people now..... But on that note, I feel hungry all the time lately! (Don´t you dare say growth spurt. I will.....not do anything to you, because that isn´t Christ like haha)

As a side note, my hips have been doing awesome. I know it´s because you are praying, especially Mom I think. I know she probably prayed the hardest. She definitely knows how that is.
 
Before I forget! Shoutout to the birthdays this week! One Neily Boy and Hokey Pokey! Hope you have a splendid day! Make sure you tell Neil Gill.

We found a new investigator this week and it was super awesome! We were actually looking for some less active members who were supposed to live there, but it was definitely never their address. Anyway this man opens the door and says he has seen us before. We definitely had never seen him before. We went back the next day and taught him the first lesson which includes the first vision. His wife was in there and soon as I finished she got up and walked out. (It was my first time reciting it memorized in Spanish.....my heart was POUNDING!!!) The spirit was so strong though during that lesson. He said immediately that he knew we were sent from God and that our message was true. Then we told him to pray for a confirming answer from God and he asked us what the most correct way to pray was! I was like are you messing with me right now? This is awesome! Then he said he would cancel his plans so he could meet with us again. It was awesome. As we were leaving he just kept saying that he hoped God would bless us and that people would receive us well and that he was going to pray for us. IT WAS SO AMAZING! His wife on the other hand. Not interested. She´s Evangelical through and through apparently.
 
Did you all enjoy Conference? I was like giddy. The spirit there was awesome! We watched the womens sesión in the morning on Saturday. I was seriously sad when it was over. Did you notice the themes? Strengthen your testimony and follow the prophet folks, something is coming!

My challenge for the week is to go to the temple. It´s more important tan anything else you have to do. Also study the topic of prayer. Read President Eyring's talk in the priesthood session last conference, it is bomb!
 
Coming on a mission has forever changed me, and I truly feel thankful to my Heavenly Father. He loves us all so very much. Please Foster a relationship with him. He wants to have that with you. He wants to talk to you!

I love you all so much, but as always never enough time to write it all down. Be good! Follow the prophet! Stand out in a good way! And as always.....

Read and Pray everyday!

Hermana Makin

PS Got some letters this week! I was excited! Keep sending them! Looks like it take 3-4 weeks to arrive.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment