Monday, September 15, 2014

Hola (Ciara's letter to let us know she had made it there safely)

It´s chilly in Chile! I just had to say that, one because it´s funny, and two because it´s true! Anyway I made it here, and it´s kind of overwhelming, but I am sure I will get the hang of it. It was really awesome to get to talk to you all yesterday over the phone. I have been assigned to work in an area called Graneros, with my new trainer. Her name is Hermana Villanueva. She doesn´t speak english, so that´s been fun......quite a challenge especially since I am so tired from my travels and it takes so much energy to concentrate in Spanish. So anyway this is just suppossed to be an I´m alive and well letter, so I´m alive and mostly well :)

Fun Facts About Life if Chile:

1. There are dogs EVERYWHERE!!!! Also they follow you.

2. Our little house has bars on the window (not sure how to feel about that.

3. A cat somehow made it into our residence today.....bleh!

4. They don´t refrigerate milk or eggs.....my shopping trip might have been slightly traumatizing.

5.The whole not knowing about the money thing is a challenge......it will get easier though.


Well I love you mucho mucho!!! Miss you too!!!! We are about to go and teach like 6 different lessons to people I don´t know in a language that is.....well....just a challenge and I don´t know what we are going to teach......HERE I GO!!

Read and pray everyday!


Hermana Makin
Hermana Makin pointing to her mission while at the MTC
 

No comments:

Post a Comment